cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light won't turn off/camera won't work

Sampyle
Contributor
I have a Rebel T5/ 700D and was trying to shoot some photos earlier and the camera just stopped working entirely. I took a pic and the shutter didn't open back up, I've not been using a flash and have reformatted the SD card but it still has not fixed it. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

@Sampyle wrote:
Waddizzle:
Yes I did and it loaded up fine but when I press the button the normal screen goes away and doesn't come back

I have no idea which button you pushed, so I cannot understand what you are talking about.  Whatever you did, do not do it again for now.

Try it again, but this time with the camera in P mode.  If it seem to power up normally, try to press the [MENU] key.  Try to navigate to the menu function that resets the camera back to factory default settings.  If this does not "fix" your camera, then your camera needs service, and you should contact Canon Support, 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sampyle
Contributor
Sorry I meant to say I pressed the shutter button. So I just powered up in P mode and went into the menu but before I could get to the page the screen went blank so I'm going to ring Canon Support later . Thank you for your help .
Announcements