cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Focus Squares

tskip
Apprentice

New to the community - I look forward to learning about my new camera

I have the Canon T6i - When viewing my pictures during playback on my screen, I now have the red focus squares that are showing on my pictures.  Because I have been playing around with my settings and learning about my new camera, I must have enabled or hit something because these never appeared before.

Any help would be appreciate....I have tried all buttons and tried you tube but I am stuck.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

ScottyP
Authority

Press MENU button on the back of the camera.  Go into the menu tabs and find the page that says reset all settings to default.  Reset them.  

This can fix all kinds of problems more easily than tracking them all down one by one.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Press MENU button on the back of the camera.  Go into the menu tabs and find the page that says reset all settings to default.  Reset them.  

This can fix all kinds of problems more easily than tracking them all down one by one.

OTOH, reading the manual and finding the correct way to turn off the unwanted display will teach one more in the long run.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It is in the playback 2 menu, AF Point display.

Note, that if you turn on lens distortion correction, the points won't display.

(pg 309 of the manual)

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Reset to default. Smiley Happy

"This can fix all kinds of problems more easily than tracking them all down one by one."

This tip is your friend.  Whenever stuff happens you don't understand this is the first, best and fastest way to correct it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Reset to default. Smiley Happy

"This can fix all kinds of problems more easily than tracking them all down one by one."

This tip is your friend.  Whenever stuff happens you don't understand this is the first, best and fastest way to correct it.

... without discovering what went wrong and understanding how (possibly) to prevent it from happening again. The advice is sound, but I'd consider it a last resort, rather than the first thing to try.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Robert,

"... rather than the first thing to try."

For an advanced person, perhaps.  For a new person, frustration.  I stand with Scotty on this.  A lot of the time folks did it by accident and don't know or realize what they set or pushed.

Reset is your friend and probably why Canon included it. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

tskip
Apprentice
Exactly - I finally figured it out and will post later after work so others will have a detailed solution should it be needed

Please advise how you did this.

@tskip wrote:
Exactly - I finally figured it out and will post later after work so others will have a detailed solution should it be needed

From kvbarkley above:

It is in the playback 2 menu, AF Point display.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements