cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording videos on Rebel t5

bezzy
Apprentice
Whenever I try to record a video on my Rebel t5 it automatically stops the video around 7 seconds in. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I am using a SanDisk Ultra 16GB memory card, class 10.
The card has about 400 photos on it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bezzy,

If the your memory card is a UHS-I compatible memory card, I recommend trying a Speed Class 6 or Speed Class 10 memory card that does not use this standard.  The camera is will accept cards using the UHS-I standard, however it is not compatible with it.  If this is the case, it may "see" the card as a Speed Class 2 memory card, which is too slow for the recording of high definition movies.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JonKline
Enthusiast

I have seen some SD cards underperform due to issues with formatting. After backing up all the files on your card, you can format it with the SD card format utility (free) on your mac or PC. Then format it again in camera (low-level format). 

This method has cleared up a lot of issues I've had with cards not being able to write at their rated speed.

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements