cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Busy Message and Will Not Take Pictures

AnneMasterson
Apprentice

I have had an EOS Rebel XS for several years and have not had any previous issues.  I use my camera several times a week without issue.  I delete the pictures from the camera on a weekly basis.  When I used my camera today, the camera tried to focus, flashed a few times, and rather than taking a picture, I received a busy signal.  I have read other forums and have tried a few things:

1. Switched into Manual mode, which did not solve the problem.

2. Removed the lens, and cleaned the electrical contacts with a soft microfiber cloth, it did not solve the problem.  

3. I have one other lens that I switched out and it still did not solve the problem.  

I should say that while I am constantly using my camera, I do not know much about it!  🙂  Any suggestions before taking it to a professional?

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Of course the next logical thing is to replace the CF card.  It is possibile it has become corrupted over time.  High quality like Lexar or Sandisk.   Also it may be time to replace the battery with a new one.  Made by Canon, I might add!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AnneMasterson,

I agree with Ebiggs1 regarding a second memory card (SD format, of course).

If this fails to resolve the issue, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes SD, not CF.  Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements