cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel xt mode dial

TahitiImages
Apprentice

So I have a silver Rebel xt (which I honestly think is cursed but that's another post!) and today as I was pulling it out of my camera bag to check it over and make sure everything (that wasn't already broke 😕 ) was still in working condition and discovered that the mode dial sticker (face plate ???) had managed to fall off! I searched for it and came up empty handed, so I did an insane amount of googling and nada! 

I'm wondering if anyone here knows someone selling just that piece (because I do not have the funds to buy a whole new body) and or is willing to part with that piece (maybe form a broken xt!) it's JUST the sticker part (on the silver one it's metalic and it is attached to the actual dial, which functions perfectly fine I'm just a little OCD and really want the stciker on the dial)!

I'll really apreciate it if someone can help me! I live in Hawaii and we have NO camera reapare shops (that do not charge an arm and leg for the simplest things) so any help is very welcome and appriciated!

I've added pictures incase my ramblings aren't helpful or to the point! 

IMG_3394.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

If nobody comes to your rescue, make a paper copy of the right size, glue it to the knob, and paint it carefully with varnish or shellac. And make a couple of spares for when it wears off. An old, beat-up camera (your analysis) isn't worth spending money on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for the reply!!! 😄

Just look at the LCD screen!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ummm that's not an option.. the display screen is only for the view image option. There is a second screen above the LCD display screen but it doesn't give you the option of knowing exactly which setting is which [e.i ADEP, M, Av, Automatc]....though I know them by heart, I've had the camera for about 5 years I just really wanted the sticker to keep the original feel...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements