Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Rebel t3 is completely dead

My camera will not turn on at all. I bought a new battery pack and formated the sd card and it wont even shows sings of life by the indication light. Where do i go to get this resolved without breaking the bank. I believe the on amd off switch to be the culprit. The battery door switch seems to be in good condition. Please i need your guys help.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rebel t3 is completely dead

@Asotus wrote:
My camera will not turn on at all. I bought a new battery pack and formated the sd card and it wont even shows sings of life by the indication light. Where do i go to get this resolved without breaking the bank. I believe the on amd off switch to be the culprit. The battery door switch seems to be in good condition. Please i need your guys help.

The on/off switches on all Canon SLRs more recent than the 50D have been pretty rugged. Truthfully, when people have reported a lifeless camera in this forum, the problem has more often been the main circuit board. Have you used the camera a lot for video? Sometimes extensive video use can cause overheating, despite circuitry designed to effect a temporary shutdown to prevent it. If the camera is totally unresponsive, you may have to send it to Canon for assessment. It may cost you a bit (assuming it's worth saving), but it will come back fully functional.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA