cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Xsi display stopped working will not take photo

Luckyclover
Apprentice

I have had this camera for a few years.  I took it with me and left it covered in the car (hot day) and now the display will not light up and the camera will focus on an object but will not take photo.  

Would heat cause the display to stop working?  What can be done to possibly correct this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try a factory reset.

A hot car is a death warrant for a camera or even most electronics.  At the very least, the lub inside can leak all over parts that don't do well with oil on them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

how do u do a factroy reset?

Mykolas
Authority

Luckyclover,

If you were to press the MENU button, does the display light up then and show you the menu?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

The display quit working all together.  As long as the card is in the camera it will focus but will not snap a photo.

I think I need to send in the camera to have it looked over.  I have no idea who to even send it to.

Hello Luckclover,

Since your EOS Rebel XSi needs service, we are glad to assist you at one of our Canon Factory Service Centers.  Through our web site linked to below, you would be able to request and set up service through Canon.

EOS Rebel XSi.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements