cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel XTi LCD Screen repeatedly turns off and on every second

Smallworlds630
Apprentice

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20180120110937.gif

I made the above .GIF to illustrate my problem. I have tried changing the battery, it does the same thing. 

I have three batteries that are 7.2V 1000maH

My charger output is, DC 4.2V(8.4V) - 600mAH

Is that a problem?

A cousin gave it to me to fix. When the camera is connected to a computer via USB cable, the Windows File Explorer that stores the images on the camera opens and closes in sync with the camera display turning off and on. 

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Probably time for a replacement camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Can I troubleshoot further?

@Smallworlds630 wrote:

Not much that I can see.  Remove any lens that may attached. 

Make sure your battery is fully charged.  If the battery is a few years old, it may need replacement.  But, even an older battery should be able to hold its' voltage longer than what you're seeing, and even then I would not expect the camera to power back up, if the battery were dead and dying.

BTW, sometimes words are better than a cryptic animation.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I put in the battery, and switch the camera to 'ON.' What you see in the .gif follows. I have three batteries and it seems to be doing it in all of them, so that would rule out a battery issue correct?

@Smallworlds630 wrote:

Because it's the date/time window that's flashing, you might try replacing the separate date/time battery. (I don't think today's Rebels have a D/T battery, but I think the XTi did.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Great suggestion, thanks
Announcements