cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T8i and Wifi (Eero Mesh Network)

jshafer817
Apprentice

Anyone having problems maintaining a connection? Eero doesn't support WPS, which the camera can still connect, but.. eventually it just falls off earth.

2 REPLIES 2

jshafer817
Apprentice

Customer bought a Synology router... see if that makes any difference. Let you guys know. But if anyone else has problems maintaining a connection to an infrastructure access point (not where you connect to the access point on the camera), let us know.

Final Status Update. It appears you have to be very close to the router to get a good signal without packet loss and etc. I could probably lower the transfer rate to force the client, but all in all, we decided to just go with usb cables. 

Otherwise we have to create a bigger mesh network.. like lots of access points. Kinda of surprised this camera only does 2.4 GHz...

I read the new EOS R5 has 5GHz wifi? Anyone know what other models support this?

I am also curious how good the antenna reception is inside the camera body.. Probably not really easy to do.. but would be cool if the camera body had the antenna on it.. somehow...

This was with the EOS Utility 3 and etc. The goal was to use Wifi and move it from room to room. It would work at one office where I put in a flash air card in an older Canon... I think it would. But having 6 ubiquiti access points in a single dental office feels a bit... wrong.

We also need a C# sample of CCAPI.. That would be awesome.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements