cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7i - lcd display off sensor

slp
Apprentice

I just bought a canon Rebel T7i does it not have a lcd display off sensor like the T1i?  I have the LCD displaying the settings (Standard) but when I put my eye up to the viewfinder the screen does not go black like it does on T1i.  Is there a setting where I can change that.  I do not want to constantly be pressing the shutter button just to line up a shot and have the screen display things on it while my eye is right there is not only annoying but kind of blinding 

Thanks

Lynn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello sip, 

The EOS Rebel T7i doesn't have this sensor underneath the viewfinder that the EOS Rebel T1i had.  The display is designed to turn off when the shutter button is pressed halfway down to make the display sleep.  You can also press the <DISP> to make the display disappear and re-appear.     

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello sip, 

The EOS Rebel T7i doesn't have this sensor underneath the viewfinder that the EOS Rebel T1i had.  The display is designed to turn off when the shutter button is pressed halfway down to make the display sleep.  You can also press the <DISP> to make the display disappear and re-appear.     

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

slp
Apprentice

Ok thank you very much but what a step back

Announcements