Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Rebel T7 sensor self cleaning

Does the T7 have a sensor self cleaning?

VIP

Re: Rebel T7 sensor self cleaning

Negative, the Rebel T7 does not have a "self-cleaning" sensor.  All that the self cleaning process does is rapidly shake and vibrate the sensor, which supposedly causes dust to come free and fall off inside of your camera somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

@mypascoconnect wrote:

The camera has a cleaning function that automatically removes dust from the image sensor when the power is turned on or off, or when the camera shuts off in Power Saving mode. This cleaning function can be activated whenever you like, or shut off entirely. ... Set the camera's power switch to < ON >.
VIP

@Jordan_2 wrote:

@mypascoconnect wrote:

The camera has a cleaning function that automatically removes dust from the image sensor when the power is turned on or off, or when the camera shuts off in Power Saving mode. This cleaning function can be activated whenever you like, or shut off entirely. ... Set the camera's power switch to < ON >.

The above claim is totally incorrect.  The Rebel T7 only has manual sensor cleaning mode.  It is not self cleaning.

361E6120-8C85-4EA8-8A97-83C098B1953D.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Forum Elite

"The camera has a cleaning function ..."

You are probably thinking T7i, not T7.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!