cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 Quality of video clips drop when transferred to PC

Ognjen
Apprentice
Hi, when I record video clips on Rebel T7 they look really good and high quality when I look at them on camera, but I when I transfer them to pc and play them, the quality drops considerably. Any advice?
5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Ognjen wrote:
Hi, when I record video clips on Rebel T7 they look really good and high quality when I look at them on camera, but I when I transfer them to pc and play them, the quality drops considerably. Any advice?

How are you transfiering the video files?  Are you using the EOS utility?  What application are you using to view the videos?

Quality is a highly subjective term.  Can you explain what is that you are seeing or hearing that has reduced qualit?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ognjen
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I used EOS Utility, and viewed the files on GOM player, Windows Media Player, and one more player I cant remember the name (not my computer) and the result was same.

Well overall it seemed like a much lower resolution and too bright and shiny compared to when I viewed it directly on camera.

I made the video with the intent of uploading it on Instagram (IGTV)

@Ognjen wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I used EOS Utility, and viewed the files on GOM player, Windows Media Player, and one more player I cant remember the name (not my computer) and the result was same.

Well overall it seemed like a much lower resolution and too bright and shiny compared to when I viewed it directly on camera.

I made the video with the intent of uploading it on Instagram (IGTV)

If your monitor has not been calibrated, then you cannot really assume that it is reproducing images with the correct brightness, contrast, and colors.  Some monitors, especially laptops, may vary their brightness depending upon ambient light in the room.  

Get in the habit of taking a still before and after capturing video.  Using a white/grey card would be good.  Look at they till  images with a histogram, so that you can see how well exposed they are.

As far as resolution goes, Full HD Video frames have the equivalent resolution of a 2 MP still image.  A 4K video frame ha the equivalent resolution of a 4 MP still image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ognjen
Apprentice
Thanks for the advices, will try that!

Are you viewing this full screen? You should view it at 100%

Announcements