cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 - No images on card after taking pictures

blurocket9
Apprentice

Rebel T7 was taking pictures, using a San Disk Ultra 32GB  card, never had any issues. Today I spent an hour taking pics and there is nothing on card.I took out the card and used a  USB reader. Nothing there.  I reformated the card, including low level, which has never been used on any other device. The camera operations and functions work fine including lenses.  I checked this forum and found something similar from years back. One suggestion was to get a new card. I find it hard to believe the card just "went bad. Before I spend money on another card has anyone faced this issue before?  

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I find it hard to believe the card just "went bad."

Well, fact is, they do just go "bad".  Sometimes they do not warn you. The easiest thing to do is try a new  SD card.  Never hurts to have more than one anyway.  Also don't buy the biggest SD card there is. Best practice is a 32GB.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

the tech recommended that. He also pointed out that when using the viewfinder to take a picture there is a sensor for the mirror and that the sensor using LCD display is different and may account for the delay. Nevertheless, I will reset my camera to be on the safe side. Thank you for your help.

eeb.png

EB

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Stuff happens.  Everyone should have a few cards...  A 32GB card is about $12...  I'd pick a few up.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Yes, people have had this happen. Usually it is because they are using a micro card with an adapter, but not always.

I am using a regular card, not micro.  Thank you 

@blurocket9 wrote:

I am using a regular card, not micro.  Thank you 

Cards do go bad.  I do not advise buying memory cards on Amazon.  There are a lot of bogus and counterfeit cards out there. If you want to buy cards online, then I suggest a major camera retailer like B&H or Adorama.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

blurocket9
Apprentice

Okay so here's my update. It had nothing to do with the storage card but rather with my inexperience. What was happening is that when I would look through view finder I would press halfway down, focus, then press further and I got my picture. So on that same muscle memory in my photo button finger, using the LCD display does not capture a picture. Rather, I have to keep pressing so that there is another click after the initial one for it to capture. Now I don't know if I have some setting that I am not sure about but I was going on the premise of the partial and then full click. So, ultimately I ended up with another SD card which I probably would have needed to buy down the road. Anyway, thank you all for your responses and advise 

You would be wise to do a full reset of your camera.  Set it back to factory default. It is likely you have something set up incorrectly. Menu, tools (yellow wrench), clear all settings and also clear all custom settings.

EB
Announcements