cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6s focus will beep but will not take photo

Nirobi
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,

I have a Rebel T6s, In Autofocus when I point the camera at the subject and press the shutter button I hear the beeps but the camera will not take a picture.

I took the camera in to have it serviced and of course it would not do this again.  I thought great, cheap fix.

I have tried in low light, average daily light and outside in the sun. It happens in each condition and I am missing some great photos.  Can anyone offer help?

I have tried different lenses but it still happens.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does it do this when the mode dial is on Green Square A+

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Nirobi wrote:

Hello everyone,,

I have a Rebel T6s, In Autofocus when I point the camera at the subject and press the shutter button I hear the beeps but the camera will not take a picture.

Thank you

The shutter button has two positions.  Half press is focus.  Full press fires the shutter.  Are you fully pressing after the beep?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Put the camera in P mode. ISO 200, average WB. Set lens to the AF position and on a Sunny day go outside and take a few shots at normal distances.  If it works, it works, If it doesn't then it is faulty and needs repair.  Oh, BTW, reset the camera to default setting in the menus under the tools tab before doing this test. Remember to clear all custom settings, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements