cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6s Autofocus Issue

Linbell19
Apprentice

Hi,

I teach a class in which we use the Rebel T6s. I've worked with the same set of camers for about a year now and have run into a new issue this week. Several of the cameras seem to be having trouble with autofocus. The autofocus works in Live View (I know this is a different system). However, when using the viewfinder, the autofocus square or point appears, but the shot does not snap into focus for lack of a better description. Strange thing is, the image comes out with the correct focus. It's just that you can't see the focusing process happen through the viewfinder. I would find this frustrating as a camera user, especially someone who is new to photography like my students. I don't think it's the diopter beccause the light meter and other symbols seen through the viewfinder are in focus. I've tried switching between AF and MF and also tried using both manual and automatic exposure settings and switching between One Shot and Servo functions. Nothing has helped. Any one else ever have this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It mist be some sort of misalignemnt. Strange that it would happen on multiple cameras. If you switch lenses between cameras with the issue and cameras without does it follow the lens?

I haven't tried that yet, but I will tomorrow. Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
More than one camera? That’s a pretty tall coincidence,
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, at least three. We are not the only class that uses them so I suspect some people hit some sort of setting that I have not yet been able to figure out. I don't understand the final sentence of your post?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
It’s unlikely to be the cameras is what that refers to, Reset all the cameras. Menus under tools.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. " Strange thing is, the image comes out with the correct focus. It's just that you can't see the focusing process happen through the viewfinder." Are you saying the image is out of focus in the view finder but is in focus when you take the photo?

2. If you go to Green Square A+ mode with lens in AF does the camera take a photo?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements