cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i will not take pictures

prototypejesus
Apprentice

This is a crazy issue, my T6i refuses to take pictures. Battery is fully charged, I can use all of the options in the menus, the touch touchscreen works. Everything works as it should until i press the button to capture the picture. I press it and it does nothing. Has anyone seen this before? It also seems like when i put the touchscreen to display the live image on the LCD it goes black. Any help would be great.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Clear all camera settings and custom functions and see what happens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Could be a stuck mirror. Take the lens off and use the sensor cleaning function to see if the mirror is swinging out of the way.

Stephen

Hi protypejesus!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Your issue sounds frustrating, indeed! We'd like to know which lens you're using to try to narrow down the cause of the problem.

ouchinadoll
Apprentice

Just got my new camera in July of this year. Used it on vacation and it worked just fine. Yesterday the same thing happened to me. I clicked the shutter button and nothing happened. I was wondering if I should return it.

@ouchinadoll wrote:

Just got my new camera in July of this year. Used it on vacation and it worked just fine. Yesterday the same thing happened to me. I clicked the shutter button and nothing happened. I was wondering if I should return it.

Make sure it is not in movie mode.  I advise resetting it back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Battery charged? SD card door shut? Lens on AF? Set it to Green Square A+.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Battery charged? SD card door shut? Lens on AF? Set it to Green Square A+"

...and a bit more detail,  Smiley Happy

Do this, on a nice day put the lens in AF with the switch on the lens. In the menus go to the Tools tab and select Clear all settings, it may be worded a bit differently.  A fully charged battery and a known good SD card. Put the Rebel in Auto mode the green square. Find something with nice contrast outside and take a shot or several.  If it works it is OK if it doesn't it needs service.   Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

If it works outside on that nice day but doesn't at other times there is a problem with how you do use it, the settings or the conditions.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements