cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6I Sky Banding?

ElectricMuppet
Enthusiast

Hello!

I bought a Canon Rebel T6I a few months ago and I just took it outside for a spin. I've noticed in all of my photos outside I have these weird bars. I have no idea why. I figured maybe it could've been the weather since it's been horrendously cold lately, but today I went out to test if it was the bad weather and took a photograph instantly and it's still there.  I came here hoping that people who know photography would be able to tell me what this is and what may be causing it? It seems to only happen in they sky of my photos. I've taken indoor photos and they don't seem to be appearent. I have edited these in Lightroom and cropped them in Photoshop so they're more visable. The second image I edited it heavly to show it incase if its not all the visible in the first image. The second image it was snowing when I took it. Sorry for the black mess in it. is it noise banding? I've been feverishly looking online for information but alas I have not been able to find anything that seems close to my issue. 

Sorry if something like this has been asked before. I am truely desperate to find out what's going on. I hope its something that I can prevent from happening and not my camera. 

I shot these with a Rokinon 14 mm lens if that helps. Thank you's any information would be truley grateful. 

banding 1.jpgbanding 1.png

71 REPLIES 71

I feel like somebody watching the parade in "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I feel like somebody watching the parade in "The Emperor's New Clothes".

I'm glad you're finding this humorus. I on the other hand do not. If you have nothing worthwhile that tributes to the discussion please don't comment. I spent a lot of money on this and this is a serious matter for me.

And a repeat of a third "opinion"!

""You have a repair warranty."

Exactly.  Where did you actually send it?"    <----Deal with that faculity.

"Call them and explain the problem. Remember honey works better than sour grapes.  They may pay the return shipping."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

BTW, I could see nothing in your video.  I would not use it as proof.

EB

Peter
Authority
Authority
The design of that type of sensor. Astrophotography is what I suppose Canon didn't mean when Canon wrote that the lines aren't visible in normal photo conditions.

Have you tried flat field?

willyfarm
Apprentice

hola....mi nombre es Guillermo, soy de Argentina y tengo el mismo problema de banding con mi Canon t6i.

sorry, pero lo has podido solucionar ???.

Esta foto es un crop.

muchas gracias

Saludos desde Argentina

1264038530_gmist.jpg.341898b5b313fc422fbe1feca753ebc4.jpg

@willyfarm wrote:

hola....mi nombre es Guillermo, soy de Argentina y tengo el mismo problema de banding con mi Canon t6i.

sorry, pero lo has podido solucionar ???.

Esta foto es un crop.

muchas gracias

Saludos desde Argentina

[Image omitted]

For anyone who doesn't read Spanish, he says ...

Hello ... My name is William. I'm from Argentina, and I have the same problem of banding with my Canon T6i

Sorry, but have you been able to solve it?

This photo is a crop.

Many thanks

Greetings from Argentina

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Peter
Authority
Authority
It is a sensor design and nothing that will be solved.

Check that the problem does not appear in dark skies....thank you very much

It looks like the photo is slightly overexposed and I suspect a high ISO was used.  Reducing both will help at least worth trying.

EB
Announcements