cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 wifi password reset

Maritzaab
Contributor
I just got my EOS Tebel T6 and made the wifi password. Once I tried to connect and I put the password in, it couldn't because I forgot it. Any way I can reset it?!
17 REPLIES 17

You have to forget/delete the network on your phone.  Then start over, after clearing your camera's wifi settings.

I have done this at least 10 times...deleted the camera connect app and reinstalled it, reset my camera settings.  It will not delete and I am beyond frustrated!  Help!

@cascadia

Hi there- I'm having the same exact problem, and am super frustrated . Where you able to find a solution?

The wifi password is on the camera wifi display...it is the encryption key.

Tada ... the simple answer ... worked for me ... Thx

Tried to reset password on canon t6i so I could synth it with iphone but cannot find default on menu nor how to erase and create a new password.

@Hsp wrote:

Tried to reset password on canon t6i so I could synth it with iphone but cannot find default on menu nor how to erase and create a new password.

As long as you are in one of the Automatic Shooting Modes you will not see the full menu system.  If you want to see the full menu system, then you must turn the top dial to one of the Creative Shooting Modes: P, Tc, Av, or M.  B works, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Followed instructions given to find password but was unable t6i. Please need more detailed instructions on how to do this.  Went through all the menus and could not find anything that tells me to change or delete password. Help.

Announcements