cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 in Av mode: auto focus does not focus on the right spot

Pavarotti
Apprentice

Hi all!

I love my Rebel T6 but in Av mode something does not work as perfect as usual: I'm using a 50mm lens in a 1.8 Av setting. The setting is for auto focus, i.e. I try to focus on the face. Turns out the face is not 100% sharp, but another part of the picture. I'm sure that I focused on the face when taking the picture (it is set to the center focusing point). Should I chosse different settings? Thanks for your thoughts and ideas! Pavarotti

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Set the shooting dial to P.  Set the AF focusing mode to One Shot.  Set the active AF point to be just the center AF point.  Go outside on a sunny day.  Focus on something about a car length away from you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Set the shooting dial to P.  Set the AF focusing mode to One Shot.  Set the active AF point to be just the center AF point.  Go outside on a sunny day.  Focus on something about a car length away from you."

Almost good advice, Smiley Happy but do this, too!

Reset the camera in the menus under tools. Clear all settings including custom settings. Fully charge the battery.

Set to P mode. Lens set to AF. ISO to 200 and set auto WB. Use just the center focus point. Now on a nice bright sunny day tale s few shots.  Make sure there is some vertical things like a fence or trees, etc in some of the shots.  Check the pics. If they are OK the camera is working as it should and the problem is something you did.  If it does not produce nice in focus shots call Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements