cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 Connecting to Computer

TonyMan
Contributor

I bought a used Rebel T6 and am having issues connecting it to my computer. The EOS Utility seems a little confusing and am looking for some info on connecting. I have no problems connection to my iPad, just my PC.

Can the T6 be connected via USB? The manual seems to say it can't, yet it connects when I try. However, it constantly looses connection and reconnects. Should I just give this up?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like EOSU 3.4 will be comaptible with your camera.

Do you have wifi turned off?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I turn WiFi off when trying to use USB. I downloaded the latest EOSU, not sure of the revision, but the filename seem to indicate it was 3.12.10.7

I don't know if this is the issue, but try deleting the version you have and download 3.4 from the Canon support site.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OK, I'll look for that. Might not get to checking it out till tomorrow, but update with results.

Thanks

I just looked and the furgest it goes back is 3.9 and that is a couple of years old. The latest is 3.12.10 from this April. That's the one I've got.  However, I did see that I am behind on a firmware upgrade and will try updating that to see if it makes a difference.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Im not sure now what I looked but I saw 3.4 that had your model.

In any event, maybe download the disk image that would be the software included with your camera.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I upgraded the firmware and the EOS Utility is working now! Next step will be to get the software on my laptop.

Thanks for the help.

Tony

Announcements