cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5i won't read of format card

JessieLilley
Contributor

I have read other posts on this subject. They are now years old. I wondered if anything new has come up as the answer to my problem has not been found.

I have used the same card since I bought this thing in December of 2015. Never had a problem.

Now our of the blue, the card can't be read and it will not format. I have tried other cards. They too cannot be read or formatted.

I had a shoot today, at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and wound up having to use my cell phone. Not quite the same thing, you'll agree.

So, is the bottom line that I must send this back for repair? Will it matter as others have done so and the same problem occurs again in a few months?

Does anyone here have any suggestions or should I just get it fixed, sell the sucker and go back to Minolta?

Thanks for your input.

15 REPLIES 15

Yeah, thanks. I appreciate your input and am sorry you've had problems with them. I've been using the equipment I use for a very long time and have never had any. Until I purchased a Canon product, that is. And the problem is with the camera. Not the peripherals.

Again, according to Canon. I would hope they know what they're talking about.

JB123
Apprentice

I had the same problem and tryed several different things and finaly decided to change the card and guess what it now works like it is supose to but still wont take the other card. So you might try this.

If you had read the previous page, you'd know that that was no help in my situation. Canon confirmed that it was a flaw in the camera itself. They repaired it and thus far, I've not had another problem.

Sudaplum
Apprentice
I’m going through the same exact thing! How much was repair cost if you don’t mind he asking?

Believe his repair was warranty.  

Either way, start here.

1-800-OK-CANON

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi. My repair WAS warranty. In fact, it didn't cost a thing. Not even shipping. I don't know what it would cost if out of warranty, although they acknowledged it was a flaw with the design. Mayhap it would be repaired at no cost, regardless. But of course, they would have to tell you that.

Good luck!

BTW, I'm a she. 🙂

Announcements