Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Rebel T5i won't read of format card

Yeah, thanks. I appreciate your input and am sorry you've had problems with them. I've been using the equipment I use for a very long time and have never had any. Until I purchased a Canon product, that is. And the problem is with the camera. Not the peripherals.

Again, according to Canon. I would hope they know what they're talking about.

New Contributor

I had the same problem and tryed several different things and finaly decided to change the card and guess what it now works like it is supose to but still wont take the other card. So you might try this.

Occasional Contributor

If you had read the previous page, you'd know that that was no help in my situation. Canon confirmed that it was a flaw in the camera itself. They repaired it and thus far, I've not had another problem.

New Contributor

I’m going through the same exact thing! How much was repair cost if you don’t mind he asking?
Reputable Contributor

Believe his repair was warranty.  

Either way, start here.

1-800-OK-CANON

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi. My repair WAS warranty. In fact, it didn't cost a thing. Not even shipping. I don't know what it would cost if out of warranty, although they acknowledged it was a flaw with the design. Mayhap it would be repaired at no cost, regardless. But of course, they would have to tell you that.

Good luck!

BTW, I'm a she. :-)