cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5i randomly shuts off when white and grayish bars fills.

HumblyDriven
Contributor

I have been trying to record the whole thing, but now it will not do it. It will show the bar I am talking about but now it will not shut off like it normally does. If I can get it before someone answers I will repost it but this is what I have. Sometime it will record a min then shut off or sometime more. It randomly does it. Sorry, it's crappy was recording it from my phone.

Video

https://youtu.be/aTzaR64juFA 

dumbbar.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your problems are most likely being caused by your memory card(s).  

B860CE03-1288-4CD3-B884-40EDE7B27DC5.jpeg

I suggest Sandisk Extreme 32GB.  Only use full size cards.  No micro-SD cards.  Format in the camera prior to first use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have been using that card for about 2 years. I never had this issue until a few weeks ago. I always formatted the car after I uploaded everything to my PC.  Why now? But thank you for the answer & reply.

" I never had this issue until a few weeks ago."

It is so simple, go buy and try a new high quality SD card. If it isn't the SD card now you have a spare.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I already did that. Same issued.

@HumblyDriven wrote:

I already did that. Same issued.

What brand and size card(s) are you using?  Do not use micro-SD cards with adapters.  They don't work well.

That display only appears when the camera has to buffer data to the memory card.  If the card is fast enough, then the display never appears.  What video mode and frame rate are you using?  You may need the Sandisk Extreme Pro, or Lexar Professionoal for higher frame rates.

Where do you buy your memory cards?

Try to buy memory cards from a reputable vendor.  Amazon's marketplace is not my first choice when it comes to buying memory cards and camera batteries.  The counterfeit business is rampant, and too widespread.  There are irrefutable vendors who claim to be factory authorized resellers, and they are not.

I am at 60 fps and I am using a SanDisk Ultra Plus. It's a 128 GB 80MB

@HumblyDriven wrote:

I am at 60 fps and I am using a SanDisk Ultra Plus. It's a 128 GB 80MB

There is little doubt that the problem is your memory card.  

AFAC3BCC-7339-47C2-BDC1-56830B8F9F33.jpeg

It is not rated for video.  This is probably due to the very low10 MB/sec write speed.  I recommend only SDHC cards.

BTW, even if that is not an exact match for the SDXC memory card that you are using, it does not change the fact that your memory cad is the problem.  There is absolutely little doubt of that.

I'm sorry, my friend did something with the settings and now it's fixed not sure what the hell he did but he fixed it. Thank you, all for the help.

Announcements