cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5i prices

Summer16
Contributor
Will the T5i drop any lower in price by the end of June? On the Canon Online Referbished Store it is selling for $479, but that sale will be over this week.

Would it be wiser to buy during the savings sale or wait longer for the price to go down?
14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Summer16 wrote:
Will the T5i drop any lower in price by the end of June? On the Canon Online Referbished Store it is selling for $479, but that sale will be over this week.

Would it be wiser to buy during the savings sale or wait longer for the price to go down?

The price is already on sale.  I don't think it will go down any further, anytime soon.  The T6i is discounted, too, for about $70 more than the  T5i. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Summer

One problem with the refurb store is availability.  The inventory depends on whether any were returned, repairable or over-stock, etc. Availability changes sometimes daily.  If they have what you want, you may just want to buy it now.  When it is there as it may not be later.  What I am saying once they are gone they could be gone but of course the newer the model, the more likely it will be available longer.

Sometimes it is best to strike while the iron is hot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Summer

One problem with the refurb store is availability.  The inventory depends on whether any were returned, repairable or over-stock, etc. Availability changes sometimes daily.  If they have what you want, you may just want to buy it now.  When it is there as it may not be later.  What I am saying once they are gone they could be gone but of course the newer the model, the more likely it will be available longer.

Sometimes it is best to strike while the iron is hot.

He's right, once again.  Get 'em while they're hot.  The Refurbished Store is having a Memorial Day blowout sale! 

I'm looking at a T5i kit, and a T6i kit, both with the 18-55mm kit lens, which is not a good lens.  But, they both look good enought to get you up and running.  The Refurbished EF 50mm f/1.8 STM looks pretty good, too.  The 50mm prime, when compared to the zoom, will teach you a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

.  The 50mm prime, when compared to the zoom, will teach you a lot.

Yeah, it will teach you "How did people get by when that was the only focal length they had!"

But then Mike Johnston at TheOnlinePhotographer often mentions his OCOLOY exercise. Shoot a whole year with one camera and one focal length.

Summer16
Contributor
Yes, I'm looking at the Memorial Day Sale!
I'm just worried I'll get a camera, then a few months later it will be way cheaper. Because that's the way most devices go, ha.

Then you should never buy anything. Just after I bought my T6S+18-135 STM they came out with the new 18-135 super-duper-USM. Oh, well.

Summer16
Contributor
Ha. That sucks.
Well, I'll probably get one this weekend while there's sales going.

IDK if you guys have jobs, but I'm 16, and have a small job, so I don't have that much money. Anything I buy is a huge investment haha.

Summer,

"I'll get a camera, then a few months later it will be way cheaper."

Look at all the fun and photo memories you could have made by not waiting.  Isn't that worth something?  Nothing in life is totally free.

"I don't have that much money."

Right, and you don't have a family to support!  Go buy the camera and enjoy it now while you can.  Then don't look back. Looking back is a bad habit.

We've all been there at one time, kido.

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements