cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5 will not show anything on LCD screen

mlincoln
Apprentice

I have a rebel T5 and nothing is coming up on the LCD screen. I press menu nothing, I take a picture nothing, and even try to review the pics there is nothing. I have cleaned the eye piece and still nothing. I am at a loss here. I love my camera and now I feel lost because not I know my setting are messed up! Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Google and download your manual. I am on my iPhone or I would. Or read the paper one if you have it. There is an LCD Off switch but because I don't ever do that on purpose I can't remember how. Something with a control near the upper right corner of LCD I think.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You know the camera is working otherwise?  If yes, than you likely did turn off the display but I can't remember how on a T5.

It is in your manual, however.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You know the camera is working otherwise?  If yes, than you likely did turn off the display but I can't remember how on a T5.

It is in your manual, however.

Usually you just press the "Info" button repeatedly.  Each time you press the button, it cycles through the next option for what the camera can display on the rear LCD.  One of the choices in the cycle is to display nothing at all (display stays dark.)

BUT... pressing the "Menu" button should always cause the display to light up as long as the camera is switched on.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

MLDR
Apprentice
Next to your eyepiece is a button with a red dot to its left - this turns the screen on and off. Also in Menu tools (third from the right) set "LCD of/on btn" to "shutter/disp"

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Call 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements