cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5....picture review?

dawndell74
Contributor
I take 1000-1500 pictures at a time and when reviewing pictures, I have to scroll forever to get to the first picture I took to begin reviewing in order. Is there a way to go to the first picture in a series or review by date? Thanks in advance!
15 REPLIES 15

@dawndell74 wrote:
I take 1000-1500 pictures at a time and when reviewing pictures, I have to scroll forever to get to the first picture I took to begin reviewing in order. Is there a way to go to the first picture in a series or review by date? Thanks in advance!

If you're taking that many pictures, you should be doing your scrolling on a computer, not on the camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

dawndell74
Contributor
I usually do, but i like to review to delete the bad shots before uploading.

@dawndell74 wrote:

Which you could do quite easily, and a good deal more quickly, with a card reader.

Bob

Holy cow, yes. Reviewing and deleting an image in camera is a tedious, multi-button, one-at-a-time ordeal. Just use a card reader to upload the whole card full of images to the computer, then using something like Lightroom, you can speedily fly through all those images and simply press the "X" key to mark the duds for deletion.  Then at the end you hit "delete" only one time and erase the 100's of bad ones you tagged with the "X".  

Not it to mention you would have a hard time seeing if you really have critical focus on eyelashes, etc, if you are teying to do that by peering at the teeny tiny 3-inch LCD.  You'd certainly have to take another pass at it using the big screen so why not just do it all one time?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I am not sure I get the limited space line of thought.  You only need to "rent" the space, if you are going to go through and immediately delete the duds. If you are so full that you are just one card batch away from overflowing your remaining HD space then you are in big trouble anyway. If not on that batch, then on the next batch. 

I just think of the OP having "1000" or "1500" images, then I think of the tedious process of deleting a single image in camera.

Press advance.

(...press advance,

press advance,

press advance,.........)

Press delete.  

Press "yes" to answer the question "are you sure you want to delete"?  

Then repeat the process 500 or 1000 times. Ow.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

"I am not sure I get the limited space line of thought.  You only need to "rent" the space, if you are going to go through and immediately delete the duds. If you are so full that you are just one card batch away from overflowing your remaining HD space then you are in big trouble anyway. If not on that batch, then on the next batch. "

I don't use Apple products, although I do have an iPad for "Facetime", so I don't see your point.  You rent space in the Cloud.  I understand that you must still download to your MAC before you can upload the files to the iCloud.  Renting space costs money, too. 

It is not a matter of being "so full".  It is a matter some people putting a lower priority on photos when it comes to storage space than what you might do.  Like I said, one of my sons places a priority on storage space for music, including music videos, over storage space for photos. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

"I am not sure I get the limited space line of thought.  You only need to "rent" the space, if you are going to go through and immediately delete the duds. If you are so full that you are just one card batch away from overflowing your remaining HD space then you are in big trouble anyway. If not on that batch, then on the next batch. "

I don't use Apple products, although I do have an iPad for "Facetime", so I don't see your point.  You rent space in the Cloud.  I understand that you must still download to your MAC before you can upload the files to the iCloud.  Renting space costs money, too. 

It is not a matter of being "so full".  It is a matter some people putting a lower priority on photos when it comes to storage space than what you might do.  Like I said, one of my sons places a priority on storage space for music, including music videos, over storage space for photos. 

Sorry for the confusion. I put "rent" in quotes to indicate that I was speaking figuratively, not literally.  What I meant was that you do put all the images on the hard drive, but only for a moment.  Not permanently.  If you are going to do what the OP says they do, which is to go through and delete all the duds, then you reclaim all that space when you do the deletions.   You just have much easier time of it using the big screen and keyboard and editing software instead of trying to do it with the little camera controls and tiny screen. 

Scott

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@dawndell74 wrote:

Which you could do quite easily, and a good deal more quickly, with a card reader.

Some people have limited storage space to upload pictures.  One of my sons uses a MAC, and he's always fixated on space.  He will sometimes take fewer pictures just so that he won't have so many to upload t his MAC.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@dawndell74 wrote:

Some people have limited storage space to upload pictures.  One of my sons uses a MAC, and he's always fixated on space.  He will sometimes take fewer pictures just so that he won't have so many to upload to his MAC.

OK, but with a card reader you can review and delete pictures right on the card. Any decent photo editor will let you do that. I'm not sure it's a smart idea (I like to keep the card intact for a while, in case I change my mind about a reject), but it is allowed. In any case, reviewing 1000+ pictures on the camera is just nuts.

Bob
Announcements