cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5....picture review?

dawndell74
Contributor
I take 1000-1500 pictures at a time and when reviewing pictures, I have to scroll forever to get to the first picture I took to begin reviewing in order. Is there a way to go to the first picture in a series or review by date? Thanks in advance!
15 REPLIES 15

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@dawndell74 wrote:
I usually do, but i like to review to delete the bad shots before uploading.

Which you could do quite easily, and a good deal more quickly, with a card reader.

Some people have limited storage space to upload pictures.  One of my sons uses a MAC, and he's always fixated on space.  He will sometimes take fewer pictures just so that he won't have so many to upload to his MAC.

OK, but with a card reader you can review and delete pictures right on the card. Any decent photo editor will let you do that. I'm not sure it's a smart idea (I like to keep the card intact for a while, in case I change my mind about a reject), but it is allowed. In any case, reviewing 1000+ pictures on the camera is just nuts.

I'm not advocating in-camera editing.  I'm just pointing out the reasons why people do things that may not seem to make sense to some of us.  They ususally have a good reason for doing so.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I'm not advocating in-camera editing.  I'm just pointing out the reasons why people do things that may not seem to make sense to some of us.  They usually have a good reason for doing so.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if the OP were happy with what he's doing now.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:
@Waddizzle wrote:

I'm not advocating in-camera editing.  I'm just pointing out the reasons why people do things that may not seem to make sense to some of us.  They usually have a good reason for doing so.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if the OP were happy with what he's doing now.

Happy?  Non-sequitor.  The OP is looking for a work around to having to do in-camera editing.  I assume that there is a reason that the OP has not considered, or rejected, the idea of post-processing in a computer.

"Some people have limited storage space to upload pictures.  One of my sons uses a MAC, and he's always fixated on space.  He will sometimes take fewer pictures just so that he won't have so many to upload t his MAC"

That sounds like tail wagging the dog. An external HD is inexpensive.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

"Some people have limited storage space to upload pictures.  One of my sons uses a MAC, and he's always fixated on space.  He will sometimes take fewer pictures just so that he won't have so many to upload t his MAC"

That sounds like tail wagging the dog. An external HD is inexpensive.

He has an external HD. In fact, he has more than one.  Music files take priority over photo files.

dawndell74
Contributor

I know it's not ideal to edit/review on the camera-but I'm not a pro by any means and I take pics of sports and I do get some blurry shots (I'm not picky down to the eyelashes lol) that are just easier to delete right off the bat then upload and delete off the computer.  Well, easier if I don't have to arrow through 1000+ 🙂 

I did find the fix-in the menu options you can set the scroll wheel to jump by 100 or by date.

thanks!

Dawn 

Announcements