Canon Community Canon Community

Super Contributor

Re: Rebel T3i won't photograph! Help me!

Now I want to know if any of these suggestions worked or not......That last one is something I would have overlooked. Learning so much on this site....
New Contributor

They did not work for me; I am able to take pictures close up, however when I try to take pictures that focus from a distance, I still recieve the message, "Err 01:Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts." I am looking for more suggestions..

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hmm.  Have you tried resetting ALL the settings back to the factory settings? (it won;t affect your clock etc)  If nothing yet, you might want to send it in to see what the deal is.  Have you tried calling a Canon Rep?  They might have an answer none of us know about.  You are everyones eyes on what is going on, so be specific when you call them.

I have had that issue when my settings are all wrong, it won't shoot.  So I (cheat) switch to A and see what the camera thinks it should be, go back to M or AV, and set closer to those settings.  I ONLY do that when the camera won't shoot.  You proly already tried all these things, but just in case.....worth a try.  

Best of luck.  I hope you can get it figured out.  I am still curious about the solution when when you find it.