cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3i won't photograph! Help me!

Vayda
Apprentice

Hi,

I went to use my faithful T3i for some wholesome baby photos... and found it wouldn't work!

No matter what setting, when I press the shutter button, the camera clicks once (closes shutter), then nothing. Silence. I have to turn it off, then back on, just to access anything, and no images are loaded onto my SD card.

What do I do!?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Vayda

12 REPLIES 12

Now I want to know if any of these suggestions worked or not......That last one is something I would have overlooked. Learning so much on this site....

They did not work for me; I am able to take pictures close up, however when I try to take pictures that focus from a distance, I still recieve the message, "Err 01:Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts." I am looking for more suggestions..

Hmm.  Have you tried resetting ALL the settings back to the factory settings? (it won;t affect your clock etc)  If nothing yet, you might want to send it in to see what the deal is.  Have you tried calling a Canon Rep?  They might have an answer none of us know about.  You are everyones eyes on what is going on, so be specific when you call them.

I have had that issue when my settings are all wrong, it won't shoot.  So I (cheat) switch to A and see what the camera thinks it should be, go back to M or AV, and set closer to those settings.  I ONLY do that when the camera won't shoot.  You proly already tried all these things, but just in case.....worth a try.  

Best of luck.  I hope you can get it figured out.  I am still curious about the solution when when you find it.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements