cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3i Flash Busy

BilboRose
Apprentice

My Rebel T3i built-in flash is no longer firing.  There is a message in the viewfinder next to the flash icon that indicates "busy".  

The owner's manual states, "If you shoot continuously at short intervals with the built-in flash the flash might stop operating to protect the flash unit."  

I believe this is what happened, as I did not wait for the flash to recycle before attempting another photo.  I had the camera in one of the auto creative modes.  

How do I get the flash to start working again?  Thanks! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rec'd this suggestion from Canon support.  Unfortunately it did not work for me.  If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.  Otherwise, it looks like I may have to take it in for service.

Power Reset

1. Make sure the camera is off, and then remove the battery, memory card, and lens.

2. Close the battery/memory card doors.

3. Turn the power switch to the "ON" position, and then press and hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds.

4. Release the shutter button, turn the power switch to the "OFF" position, reinsert the battery, memory card, and attach the lens.

5. Power the camera on.

Settings Reset

1. While the camera is on turn the mode dial to "P" which is the program mode which allows all menu options to become available then press the menu button.

2. Move across the top of the menu to the last wrench tab. (Yellow tabs)

3. Go down the menu list to "Clear Settings" and press the Set button.

4. Choose "Clear all Camera Settings", and press the set button.

5. To complete the reset highlight "OK" and press the Func./Set button again.

6. Next, move over to the Custom Functions menu list.

7. Reset the "Clear all Custom Func." settings as well.

If the camera does not respond to the resets I recommend sending it in for evaluation. Canon cameras come with a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase for manufacturer defects. If the camera is out of warranty, more than one year old, then we also offer the Canon Loyalty Program as an alternative to repair. The following instructions will outline how to send the camera in for service as well as the Canon Loyalty Program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL UPDATE 

In case someone else has this issue in the future.  I did have to send this to Canon for repair.  The dc/dc board shorted, and needed to be replaced.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements