cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3 shows busy

aaronh
Apprentice

Normally when I turn the camera on I get a busy signal when I try to take a picture or press any buttons on the back of the camera.  I also get the busy signal inbetween taking pictures sometimes.  I have tried switching between a class 4 SD card and a class 10 SD card.  I see no difference when switching between them.  When I get the busy signal between pictures, I am not taking them at a fast pace. I have even gotten the signal after I haven't taken a picture for a few minutes and then go to take a picture.  I updated the firmware even though it had the latest firmware and did not notice a difference.

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi aaronh!

Thanks for posting.

It is very likely this is being caused by the flash.  When the flash is being used, the camera must wait until it is charged and ready for each shot.  During this time, a "BUSY" message is displayed.  This is completely normal.  You should notice that this message does not display if you switch to the No Flash mode and try to shoot a few images.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No that did not fix the problem.  The camera had been sitting all weekend, and I switched the control to no flash, turned the camera on and couldn't take a picture right away.  I still got the busy signal when I tried to take a picture or tried pushing buttons on the back.  I couldn't get into the menu or look at old pictures. 

Announcements