cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3 not taking pictures, yellow light flashing, please help!

helpfixmycamera
Apprentice

My Rebel T3 won't take pictures.  A yellow light flashes on front, but nothing else happens.  I've tried replacing the battery, changing the mode, but it still won't take any pictures.  It was working just fine yesterday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually did try that.  And this is going to sound like I'm totally stupid, but I figured out my problem. 
Somehow I must have bumped the timer setting.  I've never used the timer before, so I didn't realize it made the yellow light flash.  And I wasn't just sitting there waiting to see if it would take a picture. 

So anyway.... problem solved.  I feel dumb, but putting the solution here just in case anyone else has the same problem! lol

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I haven't read the manual (hint), but a wild stab in the dark would be that a light that flashes on the front of the camera has somethng to do with the lens. Have you checked to make sure that it's firmly seated in its mount?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I actually did try that.  And this is going to sound like I'm totally stupid, but I figured out my problem. 
Somehow I must have bumped the timer setting.  I've never used the timer before, so I didn't realize it made the yellow light flash.  And I wasn't just sitting there waiting to see if it would take a picture. 

So anyway.... problem solved.  I feel dumb, but putting the solution here just in case anyone else has the same problem! lol

Thank you so much for your answer. I did use the timer on my camera during the Thanksgiving weekend when we took a family picture and there was no one around to hold the camera. The picture came out great, but I forgot to turn off the timer. This weekend I couldn't use my camera at our family Christmas party. Found your answer and my problem was fixed in 10 seconds.

I did the same now how do you disable the timer 😞

@ratkowski7 wrote:

I did the same now how do you disable the timer 😞

The Instruction Manual illuminates such puzzles. Or you can just reset the camera to factory settings.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Ruhrohrachel3
Apprentice
Wow me too hahahah wowwww!!! I am so smart I’m glad I found your post cause I almost had a heart attack I’m settinf photobootb up at sister sweet 16 thinking i ruined it - crisis averted !! We got this!
Announcements