Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Rebel T3 1100 D shutter button is "freezing" or "locking up"

Yes, thanks.  I have been playing around with the ISO.  My next step is to put them on the computer at various ISO's to see if I can detect any difference on the larger screen. 

Your 7D is leagues above mineSmiley Happy  Yours is 2.2x less shutter lag when taking a pic, more than 2x faster continuous shooting, 2x faster maximum shutter speed, much longer battery life and the list goes on.  My husband bought my T3.  If I were buying, I would have picked the 7D to begin with for the larger viewfinder aloneSmiley Happy

Thank you again for your experience and help.  Your courtesy is appreciated.  Take care.

Julie

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rebel T3 1100 D shutter button is "freezing" or "locking up"

Because I don't know exactly what you'll be shooting at that event I'll suggest that getting a slightly noisy photo vs a slightly blurred one due to too slow a shutter speed for the situation (I don't know if there will be people / floats etc in motion) so TEST FIRST. As for the 7D (recently sold) it is a fine camera, especially at today's prices. I shoot high speed action so all of those features were required but last spring I bought a 1D mark lV which really suits my event needs.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."