cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T1i

beachgirl91
Contributor

Is there a setting on this camera for taking no flash pictures in a theater or museum setting?

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Yes. Just look at the Setting dial. There is a setting that is a lightening bolt with a strikeout through it. That prevents the flash from firing.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks much!

Sorry for the really beginner questions - i'm new to this camera.  Hoping to take some shots during a show my kids are in and now know how to keep the flash off but is there a way to silence the shutter sounds?  It seems loud and possibly disturbing to those around me during a show.  We can take non-flash pictures but no video. Thanks for the help1

Hi beachgirl91,

Thank you for posting this about your EOS Rebel T1i.  The noise made by the shutter is mechanically made when the shutter actuates.  It is not possible to silence the shutter or decrease the noise level.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike!
Announcements