Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Rebel EOS T6 WiFi to App no longer working (iPhone6, iPhone7 and iPhoneX)

[ Edited ]

Hello, I recntly got a new phone (iPhone X) and now my camera will not connect to my new phone, nor my old phone (iPhone 7). I am able to click on my camera name in my WiFi settings, then when I go to the Cannon App, it shows the camera name (as shown in the image). However, it says camera NOT connected (see image), although the camera itself says it is connected. Then it will remove my camera name and then go back to my home wifi name. A true connection is never formed. This also is happening on my old phone.

Any help or tips are appreciated! Thank you in advance! 

IMG_0349.png

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Rebel EOS T6 WiFi to App no longer working (iPhone6, iPhone7 and iPhoneX)

[ Edited ]

Try using the Bluetooth connection.  Is that the default camera name?  If not, use the default name.  Delete all existing wi-fi setups in the camera.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rebel EOS T6 WiFi to App no longer working (iPhone6, iPhone7 and iPhoneX)

Greetings,

For reference

T6 Wireless Instruction Manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100