cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel 2000, freezes after using flash

squiglybob13
Apprentice

I have a Rebel 2000 that I got at a thrift store a while back just to have a film camera to play around with. So i picked up a roll of film to test it out and the first thing I noticed was that when taking pictures that required flash, the flash would go off and the shutter would close but it wouldn't open. Not only that but the camera's little display would turn off and not come back on, requiring me to remove the batteries and reinsert them. Without flash it seems to be working fine, focus works, shutter closes and opens, problems only with flash. It seems like the flash is sort of overloading the camera and causing a short making it shutoff and need a reset (just a hunch). I have yet to develop the film so I'm not sure it's even working at all but regardless I don't think it should be doing this.

Anybody have an ideas what the problem may be?

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If it works without flash I would just use it that way.  It will not be cost effective to even have it evaluated.

You might try a brand new battery.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yea I don't use it nearly enough to have it looked at. I have Duracell Ultras in it now, what would you recommend though?

Announcements