Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Rebal tx

I have a gift at lens ,is there an adapter that I could buy that will fit the gift at lens to fit my rebal txt?If so where can I buy it?and what is it called? Thanks any help would be appreciated...Newbie here...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rebal tx

What kind of lens is it? It probably not worth the trouble to adapt it.

VIP

I am a vote against adapting the lens, too.  Usually adapters for lenses not designed to work on a specific camera are often less than ideal.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Frequent Contributor

@Ashbro29 wrote:

I have a gift at lens ,is there an adapter that I could buy that will fit the gift at lens to fit my rebal txt?If so where can I buy it?and what is it called? Thanks any help would be appreciated...Newbie here...

Ashbro,

You say you were gifted an at lens. I'm assuming that you mean you were gifted a lens that was on a Canon AT camera. If that's the case, those cameras used an FD mount.

You can buy a Fotodiox Pro adapter for about $35.00. Just be aware that you will have to manually focus your lens and also set your aperture manually,

Steve Thomas