Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Cameras: M6, T7i, 77D

iraaj10731
Apprentice

Just purchased a Canon T7i.

Love the camera.

Is Canon out of their mind? $75.00 for a battery.

Bought two generic batteries for under $20 with charger.

The camera works but does not recognize the battery level on the indicator.

I will use them as spares and know that I can take about 25o images on a charge.

Any thoughts on this?

21 REPLIES 21

Dear Bob,

You seem to be overly sensitive, or perhaps over-critical.  First off, I did not ridicule the wedding photographer, although I was criticizing the one who took a shot a me because I would prefer lighter gear.  Second of all, I took wedding photography for decades with my medium format Rollei TLR F2.8, so I can tell you that I have deep respect for their hard work.  So, I'll try to ignore your comment, "The next time you attend a wedding, instead of ridiculing the wedding photographer, blah, blah, blah, but it's hard to, because for some reason, you have come at me with very condescending statements. If you want to offer kind contributions, do so, but please ignore the habit of assuming (which you have done) and the tendency to speak condescendingly  to others.  This is not the place for that.  Thank you for respecting my space and if you want to answer sincere quesitons or points that I have presented, I appreciate that.  However, I don't appreciate when you speak down to me and your age is no excuse for that, either.

Thank you..

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@iraaj10731 wrote:

Just purchased a Canon T7i.

Love the camera.

Is Canon out of their mind? $75.00 for a battery.

Bought two generic batteries for under $20 with charger.

The camera works but does not recognize the battery level on the indicator.

I will use them as spares and know that I can take about 25o images on a charge.

Any thoughts on this?

There have a couple of warnings from Canon about counterfeit batteries.  They have alwo upgraded their battery lineup.  I'm sure the latest camera releases over the last 24 months or so have something different in their firmware to distinguish genuine Canon batteries from counterfeits.  It's possible that your 3rd party batteries are not passing the smell test, thus no display.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements