cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about attaching a Nikkor 20mm ai-s lens to Conon Rebel T6s ?

hKuenph
Enthusiast

Camera : Canon Rebel T6s

Lens      : Nikkor AI-s 20mm 1:2.8

Project   : Combine the above 2 for street shooting

Question : The rear part of the lens interferes the mirror flipping  in T6s

I am here to ask for your actual experiences, good or bad, of such combinations..

Thanks.

Kuenph

12 REPLIES 12

@hKuenph wrote:

Thank you again, Ray.. Canon 5D is a full frame format. Nikkor AI-s 1:2.8 f=20mm is a full frame lens. But Rebel T6s is a APS-C camera.  I am not sure the lens fits on APS-C body just as well as on full frame body.

To find it out, I shall post my question on that forum.

Thank you again.

Kuenph

The real question is whether or not the lens can fit the adapter that you have.  What is going to happen to the Aperture thingy?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hello, Waddizzle.

"What is going to happen to the Aperture thingy?" you asked.

Well, it does not matter for my use of these ole primes.  I have 9 Nikon lenses, produced from 1961 to 1989, all primes.  I have been using them on Sony mirrorless cameras for many years.  

Three years ago, I bought my little girl, 17 year of age, a Rebel T6s with a lens 18~135mm, for her winter vacation to England. A year later, she complained about the cop senor.. I bout her a Canon 5D with 2 lenses, 24~70mm & 70~200mm.  Then, the T6s became useless but occupying some space in my cabinet.

The reason for mounting Nikon lenses on T6s is just for the kick to have something to play.  Mounting Nikkor AI-s 1:2.8 f=20mm on T6s, I'll have an equivlent of 32mm of FF lens, good for shooting in the street. Mounting Nikkor S Auto  1:1.2 f=55 on T6s, I'll get an equivlent of 88mm as a FF lens, good for portraits. 

The thing is that I must be 100% sure for the safety of the lenses before I try anything. I do not want to lose or damage these lenses.  There is a lot of memories these lenses sharing with me.

One of the manufacturers of the adapters said that the collision between the mirror and lens is rare.

Thanks.

Kuenph

I would believe the manufacturer. I do not think you need to worry about collisions with the full frame lenses.  Besides, you are using an APS-C body, which has an even smaller lens than a full frame camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements