cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Canon camera

judygrear94
Apprentice

Hello,

I was just messing around with a camera we have and wanted to know if it was a decent camera or not. I believe it is a Canon EOS Rebel T3, and it has two lenses that attach to it, one twice the size of the other. I don’t know anything about photography and absolutely love looking at it, but wondered if this would be worth tinkering with to see if I develop an interest in being able to shoot it. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This is a perfectly adequate camera for a beginner. It sounds like you have the18-55 mm lens and the 75-300 mm telephoto.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...if this would be worth tinkering with to see if I develop an interest ..."

There is a big problem associated with using the T3.  It is likely going to turn that "interest" into a fire.  This can only be put out with enormous amounts of photographic gear. Many of good folks have gone down that path.  I am guilty!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Have fun with the camera. I have the T7 with the same lenses. FWIW, a local TV station had an online blurb about an amateur photographer who photographs birds. People are amazed at spending $14K for a camer and lenses.

When I decided to improve, I found a book, Digital Photography for Dummies. Looked all over but never saw my name in the book.

BTW, the community is most helpful. I have posted questions and have had great response.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements