cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple Pictures

jess024321
Apprentice

I have not used my camera in months, now after months my pictures are purple when I take them. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

ScottyP
Authority

Can you post a sample?

it could be someone set a weird custom white balance, or you accidentally did. Try resetting all settings to default in the menu.

Does it it do purple in all lighting conditions?  Sun?  Fluorescent?  Shade? 

Does it it happen in all white balance settings?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

jess024321
Apprentice
it went to purple all of a sudden and it has stayed that way in all lighting conditions. It did it in all the white balance settings too. The only thing that has changed was I took my SD card out to get some pics printed and it has been in a ziplock bag with another SD card in my purse for about a month. Don't know if that will do it to it.

But BOTH cards do this?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

To rule out the problem being the card, try both cards. If it is just one of them the card is the problem.  Reformat the bad one (in the camera) and see if that is the problem.  

Scott

jess024321
Apprentice
Just checked the other cars. Both of them do this.

@jess024321 wrote:
Just checked the other cars. Both of them do this.

It's been more than a week, and nobody seems to have said this yet, so I will. If reformatting the cards and resetting the camera to factory settings haven't cured the problem, it probably needs repair. That's assuming it's new enough, and expensive enough, to be worth repairing; I don't believe you told us what model it is.

I would surmise that a purple image could indicate a failure to record the green channel. If so, and if it's not just a loose wire, you're probably looking at a board replacement.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jess024321
Apprentice
I have re-formatting the cards, and reset the camera to factory settings. Nothing has worked. It's a T3 Rebel. I have only had it about 3 years. Thanks for everyone's help!
Announcements