cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with t3

longboredterrie
Apprentice

I start the EOS utility and I tells me there are no Photos on the card  I have read the Manual and I am supper stumped

I have tried to pros RAW FILES other file types I have tried with cable and putting the card in my laptop no Luck ;{  my T3 is brand new I have a HP DV6  Its some setting maybe  ? 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fbflicker/js/loader.js"></script>
2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

We are sorry to hear that EOS Utility tells you that there are no images on the memory card of your EOS Rebel T3. 

EOS Utility should be able to pull either JPEG files or RAW files from the card.  What you may try is actually updating EOS Utility to the latest version, which is 2.12.3.  You can grab it from our web site here.  Having the most recent version of the software makes a difference when it comes to importing the images. 

Taking the card out of the camera and putting it directly into the laptop should certainly allow you to copy and paste images over, if nothing else.  It sounds as though there may be an issue with the memory card.  We may suggest that you try a different memory card in the camera to test if it's the camera causing this or the memory card.  If you do not have another card, use an USB card reader to pull the images off the card, save them and then format the card and try again. 

This should allow you to take images and save them to your computer now. 

If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to Contact Us for more help!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ScottyP
Authority
I can't help feeling there is something missed. To simply not record to the card is odd.

Formatting: you are certain you had the camera format the card one time? And you do know that every time you format the card it erases all the images, right?

Files on card: Forget any automated photo extracting process that started up automatically on your old camera. This one may not do that. If you take some more photos AFTER the last time you formatted the card and erased all photos by doing so, can you see files on the card in MY COMPUTER when you plug the card directly into your computer? ( not plugging the camera to the computer with cables).
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements