cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with access light and focus

dhoch719
Apprentice

Hi all, 

The access light on my Rebel T5 is constantly on and the view from my eye piece will not focus correctly. 

While shooting on auto focus, my view from the eye piece is very blurry, but the photo turns out unblurry as it should.

This is not the case if I switch my viewing mode to the LCD screen. The lens autofocuses and shows me an unblurred image through the screen. 

I have tried the usual stuff, taking out and re-inserting the SD card and battery, as well as taking the lens off and putting it back on, nothing has helped. Has anybody else ever encountered this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't know about the access light, but a blurry viewfinder is usually caused by a mis set diopter dial.

Untitled.png

That was the source of the problem, thanks for the tip!

dhoch719
Apprentice

Hey guys, 

The access light on my Rebel T5 is constantly on and the view through my eye piece will not focus. However while using autofocus, the lens does focus and produce a clear shot, it just looks blurred through the eye piece. 

When I hit the button to swtich from eye piece viewing to LCD screen viewing, the display looks focused and it takes a focused shot. 

Ive already tried to taking out and re-inderting the SD card and battery, as well as taking the lens off and put it back on. Has this ever happened with anybody else? 

Announcements