Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Please help! Can not zoom in or our when recording video on T5

I bought a Camara to help a non profit church organization record their classes to upload online. I was planning to buy a simple camcorder but was talked into buying the T5. After some research, I'm finding this was a huge mistake but I'm also finding photography amazing. Anyway, at this point I need help to resolve my predicament. Other than going out and buying another camera...planning to just make due and use my T5 to record the videos. My problem is, I can't seem to zoom in or out using the plus and minus buttons. Seems like I have to do is manually using the lens.

Is there a way to zoom with the buttons? I've tried everything.
Honored Contributor

Re: Please help! Can not zoom in or our when recording video on T5

There is no way to zoom lens other than with the lens zoom ring.

The +/- buttons you are refering to are used to increase/decrease the size of an image in playback mode. The +/- buttons are in blue, as is the playback arrow.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please help! Can not zoom in or our when recording video on T5

Also note that when you change the lens focal length (zoom) you will need to refocus -- because for the vast majority of DSLR lenses, the focus changes as you "zoom".

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da