cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help

ARay1219
Apprentice

My boyfriend bought me my first camera, which is the Canon Rebel T7, as a kit on Amazon about two months ago for my birthday. I didn't realize until today that I need a USB to mini USB cord to connect it to my MacBook so that I can see myself through my screen when recording a video.

Seeing as how my "kit" didn't come with one, I went to my local store and picked one up. Now that I'm home and plugged it up, it's not connecting.

Is there something that I need to do in order to get it to work, or does it SPECIFICALLY have to be a USB to mini USB cord from Canon?

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any will work, but you have to make sure it is not a charging cable and that WIFI is off on the camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Any will work, but you have to make sure it is not a charging cable and that WIFI is off on the camera.

And by "charging cable" he means a cheap USB cable that can be used to charge a phone but lacks the strands that are used to transmit data. Such cables are sometimes not clearly identified as such.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

An easy way to tell the difference (Though not always a good indicator) is that a charging only cable (Or data only for that matter) is usually smaller/thinner cable.

Just checking the T7 on the Canon website and a review I had a quick look at, you should be able to connect to your apple via WiFi with the Canon Connect software, thus allowing you more location options and no cable required.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Make sure iPhoto and Mac OS versions are up to date. Updates include additional camera support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements