cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures now have red saturation

moehlert
Apprentice

I lent my camera to someone (or I hit a button myself) and now all the pics I take are heavily saturated w red. I can't figure out how to get the color right again. I've tried resetting camera controls but that didn't help. Cold it be a button/control on the back? Help. 

9 REPLIES 9

cicopo
Elite

Have you checked what the White Balance is set to? If it isn't set to AUTO try resetting it & see if that fixes things.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Reset to AWB and still pics are coming out pink. Really bummed and frustrated. 

hsbn
Whiz
does it look red on the back of your camera LCD or on a computer? You have a sample photo by any chance? If it is red on your computer, it could be corrupted monitor profile instead of camera.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Red in camera and when I bring it up on either laptop or monitor

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Very first thing, you need to do is set the camera to "P" on the top dial, go to the second yellow "hammer and wrench" menu and go to "Clear Settings" and hit "Set", then go to "Clear All Camera Settings," arrow over to "OK" and hit "Set" again. The screen will say "BUSY" for a moment, then go down to "Clear all custom functions" and hit "Set," arrow over to "OK," then hit "Set" again.

I am assuming a Rebel camera. After this is done try a picture and see if it is not all better! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Appreciate it. Did all that and still pink...this is a pic of a white wall. IMG_4842_lzn.jpg

Set the camera to record in RAW and compare.  When shooting RAW, no in-camera adjustments are applied to the image (so white balance settings, picture styles, etc. would all be irrelevant.)  BTW, this could possibly be a "picture style" issue.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

JohnReisinger
Apprentice

I just noticed this red saturation problem.  I tried a new chip.  No help.  Can this be fixed quickly at a Canon store?  I'm going on vacation on Wednesday, June 4 and need my camera.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

If all the above tips have been tried, than no.  The camera needs service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements