cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Photos not showing up on my computer!

MSmit_16
Apprentice

I took pictures this weekend  for an event and when I look through my sd card (while it is in the camera) my images are there but they do not show up when I am trying to download the images to my computer, all of my previous images show up but not the ones from this recent event.  Can anyone shed some light to help me out, I am on a deadline!

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, MSmit_16!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Looking for replies here. FWIW, I have used a USB cable, card reader and found, by accident, a slot in my Dell laptop for the card. My first card reader died and wouldn't download photos. Went back to the cable and then the slot.

Hopefully, there will those who can help you meet the deadline.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

If this is a camera with dual card slots, make absolutely sure that you haven't selected the other card.  Not sure about the other models, but the 1 series can be set to switch cards automatically when the first one fills.

It is also possible to store files in a named card subdirectory other than the default, it is possible that you did this by accident and your files are hiding somewhere in a sub.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

"The second thing is Lightroom sorts the photos into folders by date."

True and sometimes not making it clear!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am trying to download the images to my computer..."

How are you doing that? Best thing is to get a good quality card reader and a top quality USB cable and d/l with it. If you have a Windows computer, you can use File Explorer to examine the entire SD card. If you have a Mac, I can't help because different OSs work differently.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

MSmit_16
Apprentice

Hello Everyone!  I have a Canon T seven

The best way to troubleshoot this is to take the camera and any software out of the equation. As suggested, use a card reader and examine the SD card in Finder or File Explorer, depending on your OS.

You should see your card. Inside the card will be a folder called DCIM.  Inside DCIM will be the folders where your images are.

Generally all you would see is a folder starting in 100. The rest of the name would be something related to your camera. In my case it is 100EOS1D.

If, as Rodger suggested, you inadvertently started a new folder you might see 101XXXX.

In any event, inside those folders should be your images.

Screenshot 2021-10-06 133438.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ScriberCEA
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS R5, and I've had the same problem.  The photos show up on my SD card and not my iMac when I place the SD card in the reader. The camera has dual card slots, but the CFExpress Type B card was not in the slot at the time.  I think I can figure this out, but in the meantime, I was able to copy the information from the SD to the type B using this method, which was a workaround. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART178235 

Announcements