Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Photos have disappeared from my Canon T3i.

Hello,
I bought a new Canon T3i and used it for the forts time in Paris in July. Now I'm downloading the photos onto my computer only to see that the pictures have disappeared. Can you please help?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Photos have disappeared from my Canon T3i.

Can you see them on the camera's LCD? If so how are you doing the download? Card reader or cable between camera & computer. The more you can tell us the better we can help BUT for now DO NOT re use the memory card. Re use may overwrite files that you need.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Occasional Contributor

No I cannot see them on the camera display as well as the computer. I am using a USB cable to download photos from the camera. And the funny part is that at first only about 50 photos were missing. After I downloaded all the photos from the camera onto a flash drive, now 200 photos are missing. I haven't used the camera after the trip. Photos between July 16 and July 29 are intact. Photos clucked partly on July 29 and entirely on July 30 are missing.
Valued Contributor

If you used the USB to download, where did you save the files to?

Occasional Contributor

To flash drives.
Honored Contributor

@Dprabhu1 wrote:
No I cannot see them on the camera display as well as the computer. I am using a USB cable to download photos from the camera. And the funny part is that at first only about 50 photos were missing. After I downloaded all the photos from the camera onto a flash drive, now 200 photos are missing. I haven't used the camera after the trip. Photos between July 16 and July 29 are intact. Photos clucked partly on July 29 and entirely on July 30 are missing.

Sounds like you may have done a "Move" instead of a "Copy".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

I do not see them on the flash drive as well.
Occasional Contributor

It was never there in the camera even before copying the files into the flash drive.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Did the download to the flash drive go smoothly or was it interrupted?

Occasional Contributor

It went smoothly. I had to use 5 different flash drives to fit 500 photos.