cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panoramic pictures with T3i

RoadRunner_1970
Contributor

Is there anyway to create 1 panoramic picture from several pictures taken in sequence with the EOS Rebel T3i.  There is no "panoramic" setting on the camera as far as I know.  Can the Digitial Professional Software that came with the camera perform this function or does it have to be a setting on the camera ?????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Neither. You should have gotten Photostich with the camera on the enclosed CD.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"There is no "panoramic" setting on the camera as far as I know."

You are right!  There is not.

However, any one of a bunch of software can do this for including the free Canon software.  The best of course is Photoshop but it id not free. Pano's work best if you shoot vertical. Not horizontal.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the quick response. I found Photostitch was loaded on my computer and I didn't know it. Works great ! Thanks !!

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

So I've looked for Photostich on the CD's that came with my T6i and also looked all around Canon's website and cannot find Photostich anywhere.  I know there are other solutions but I want give Photostich a try.  Any suggestions or links where I might find it?

Thanks

I found a couple of download sites that have it but it's just an upgrade file if you already have it installed. It asks to search the Canon CD's for Photostich but of course it doesn't find it on either of my CD's.

Which operating system are you using?   I'm guessing that maybe you're on Windows and possibly even on Windows 10.

The Canon site attempts to auto-detect your OS version and then only displays software that has been updated for that OS.  However... often the software for the previous version of the OS will install and work just fine.

For example... as of today (because this will change in the future), if you check the available Canon software downloads for Windows 10 available for the T3i, you'll see only three items (a Digital Photo Professional updater, an EOS Utility updater, and a Picture Style Editor updater.)  Notice that Photostitch isn't listed among the options.

BUT... if you change the OS version to Windows 8.1 you'll notice there are 6 items on the list (and Photostitch updater is one of them.)  If you change to Windows 7 you'll notice there are 8 items on the list.

ALSO... among those extra items that appear if you pick, say, Windows 8.1... is the "EOS Digital Solution Disk" software.  This is basically everything that would have been included on the media that was in the box with your new camera (in case you lost the CD).  Actually... it's probably the most recent versions of everything that would have been in the box depending on how many years ago you bought your camera.  (also, if you do grab the latest solution disk software, check it against any updates that came out AFTER the date of your solution disk software.  Remember... at least 3 utilities were updated AFTER that solution disk bundle was created so you wont be running the latest version if you just grab the entire solution disk.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks Tim

I completly forgot about the OS auto detect on the Canon site.  I'm in the process of downloading it now.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"There is no "panoramic" setting on the camera as far as I know."

You are right!  There is not.

However, any one of a bunch of software can do this for including the free Canon software.  The best of course is Photoshop but it id not free. Pano's work best if you shoot vertical. Not horizontal.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the tip, using vertical rather than horizontal. I will try that in the future, but for now will have to settle as I took the pics in horizontal format. Thanks again !!
Announcements