cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC wireless connection

fabiola
Apprentice

Hello! 

I have recently bought a Cannon eos rebel t6i and was really excited about its wireless capabilities. I could quickly find out how to wirelessly connect it to my mobile device, next I decided to try and connect it in my personal computer... Unfortunately I have not been successfull on doing that since I could not find it on the manual and all guides I searched on the web were about connecting it using a USB cable. I wonder if there is a way to wirelessly connect my cannon to my mac computer. Does anybody know if it is even possible?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need to be sure to turn wifi off if you want to connect to computer via USB. 

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-Rebel/Just-bought-a-T6i-with-wireless-and-NFC-but-the-2-Canon-...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@fabiola wrote:

Hello! 

I have recently bought a Cannon eos rebel t6i and was really excited about its wireless capabilities. I could quickly find out how to wirelessly connect it to my mobile device, next I decided to try and connect it in my personal computer... Unfortunately I have not been successfull on doing that since I could not find it on the manual and all guides I searched on the web were about connecting it using a USB cable. I wonder if there is a way to wirelessly connect my cannon to my mac computer. Does anybody know if it is even possible?

Be sure that the camera and the PC are in agreement as to who is the client and who is the access point. You may find that the camera can be one of those but not the other. (A Windows PC prefers to be a client, but can sometimes serve as an access point with appropriate software. I haven't used a Mac PC recently enough to know what their capabilities are.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll need to do some reading about wi-fi.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements